The following are important dates that will affect your rights:
- Deadline for Submitting Motion for Attorneys’ Fees, Costs, and Expenses and a Service Award: October 1, 2020. Class Counsel has until October 1, 2020 to file a motion for attorneys’ fees, costs, and expenses and a service award.
- Deadline for Requesting Exclusion: October 22, 2020. If you ask to be excluded, your financial institution will not get any payment as part of this Settlement, and you cannot object to this Settlement. Your financial institution will not be legally bound by anything that happens in the Settlement and related proceedings. Your financial institution may be able to sue (or continue to sue) Caribou in the future. If you object to the Settlement and seek to exclude your financial institution, you will be deemed to have excluded your financial institution. Detailed instructions on how to exclude your financial institution from the Settlement can be found here.
- Deadline for Submitting an Objection: October 22, 2020. If your financial institution is a Settlement Class Member, you can object to the Settlement if you do not think it is fair, reasonable, or adequate. You can give reasons why you think the Court should not approve it. The Court will consider your views. If you object to the Settlement and seek to exclude your financial institution, your financial institution will be deemed to have excluded itself. Detailed instructions for objecting to the settlement can be found here.
- Motion for Final Approval: By no later than November 1, 2020, Class Counsel shall file a motion for final approval of the Settlement.
- Final Approval Hearing: December 1, 2020. The Court will hold a Final Approval Hearing on December 1, 2020, in Courtroom 12W before District Judge Joan N. Ericksen of the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, United States Courthouse, 300 South Fourth Street, Minneapolis, MN 55415. This hearing date and time may be moved. Please refer to the Settlement Status page for notice of any changes. At the Final Approval Hearing, the Court will consider, among other things, whether the Settlement is fair, reasonable, and adequate; how much Plaintiff’s lawyers will receive for attorneys’ fees and expenses; and whether to approve a service award to the Settlement Class Representative. If there are objections, the Court will consider them. The Court will listen to people at the hearing who file in advance a timely notice of their intention to appear (see instructions here). At or after the Final Approval Hearing, the Court will decide whether to approve the Settlement and whether to grant Class Counsel’s motion for attorneys’ fees, costs, and expenses and a service award. There is no deadline by which the Court must make its decision.
- Deadline for Submitting a Claim: December 22, 2020. Detailed Instructions on submitting a claim can be found here